Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Reviews Are In

It has been a week now since my visit to Central Lutheran School. The students have done their part to tell the internet universe what they thought of the first Skunk-Guy novel. I found their reviews scattered throughout several websites. It was very similar to hunting for Easter eggs. I hope I didn't miss any.
Over all I am delighted that the kids enjoyed the book. The reviews were honest and enthusiastic. Many of them mentioned the parts of the story that they personally liked, and they weren't shy about mentioning anything negative. Many noted that when the story started out they weren't sure about it, but that it took them by surprise.
I would like to give a personal thank you to the kids whose reviews I found on line.
Gabriel
Abby
Alex
Ohndrea
Maddie
Kylie
Tori Bontrager
Christina Lewis
Keegan Holle
Katie Strahm
Kristen Eiden
Brianna Bowman
Garrett Bricker
If I have missed anyone elses review please let me know.
If you would like to post a review on your own, you can check out either of these websites;
http://www.yabookscentral.com/cfusion/index.cfm?fuseAction=books.newReview
http://www.booksunlimited.ie/review.asp?ISBN=9780615151410
or find a website on your own that will post your review. Just make sure you let me know where I can find it. I am very interested in who is reading the book and what they thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi My name is Tori bontrager and I reviewed your book the day after you came to Central and talked to us. You said to let you know.
Tori

MICHAEL WILHELM said...

Hi Tori,

I am glad you let me know that you wrote a review. It looks as though you were one of the first ones who did. But I can't seem to find it. Could you tell me where you posted it? I would love to look it up.

godsbooklover said...

Michael: I hope that Blogger notifies you that my comment is here...my nephew Jacob (age almost 9) DEVOURED your book in the 24 hours that I've been here. He loved it and definitely wants to read the next as soon as it's available. Maybe we can get him an advance copy?
He especially liked it when Norman was climbing up the thorny vines, and he liked the alien girl at the end, looking for her ball. Nicholas, age 7, is hoping Mom will begin reading "Skunk-Guy" to him soon, as he is a huge comic book superhero fan. HE wants to know when you'll be making an action figure available...
See you next week!
Lauren